50 Grafton Street Arlington MA 02474
781.640.9957 / email@example.com
Workshops & Programs at Grafton Street Writing Center:
- Write Your Vivid Story: Fast paced writings introduced by prompts, reading fresh writing with comments, weekly check-ins, reading of work done during the week. Fewer words down but zesty comments and insights from participants keeps the
writing spirit moving! 10 Wednesdays / 3:00PM-5:30PM / Starts January 10, 2018 / $350 for series / $40 per session / Sessions continue week-by-week through March 14, 2018 @ $40 per session
- Writing Fiction & Autobiography: Writing check-in, prompts, long period of writing, reading of writing and discussions of process and technique. Most every Thursday night throughout the year / 7:00PM – 9:30PM / $40 per session / Rolling participation (cone for one or all evening meetings)
- TRUMBO All-Day Writing Retreat: Day-long writing sessions the first Monday of the month*: February 5, March 5, April 2, May 5, 2018 / 10:00AM – 6:00PM (or any 5 hour period within that time) $95 / or $18 per hour (*except when Monday is a holiday) (See below for more details)
- Summer 2018 Weekend Writing Retreat (in the works–stay tuned): As we have done in earlier summers, we choose a 3-day weekend to write together at a house
in Massachusetts, Vermont or Maine, usually in July. If interested, send me a sign and I’ll keep you in the loop on our planning. firstname.lastname@example.org / 781.640.9957
- Worklife Conversations: Periodic meetings to discuss work direction, motivation, vision, marketing materials and the integration of values, creativity and finances. / Wednesdays 1:00PM – 2:30PM / $40 per session / Call for current schedule of conversation.
- Fall 2018 Writing and Traveling event now being planned / tentative concept: Southtern Spain; (Seville / Cordoba / Granada / Ronda) and Northern Morocco / 10 days in early September, 2018, (see Morocco Trip 2012 on this site for one version of this trip–the 2018 trip involves less travel and more dedicated writing time.
- ARTSPACE STUDIO: Thursdays 10:00-12:30pm / starts late winter / TBA We start with writing and art prompts / exchange ideas / work on group and individual projects / check-in on ongoing work and conversations about specific pieces / continue projects during the week / Concept is to work on the edge of our awareness of Bring large journal or paper and your preferred art materials—resources here if you need them: $40 per session
- Consulting on writing projects in autobiography and fiction: assist with visualizing projects, developing themes, maintaining writing vision and energy, goal setting, editing and revising and assisting in publication; novels, short stories, personal essays, blogs, and resumes. Consult too on Branding, translating your work, message or personal vision into graphics, logos and language for a website.
Programs In Greater Boston:
- ARLINGTON CENTER FOR THE ARTS: Creativity Lab: Experimentations with mixed media and journals: 4 Wednesdays/ 10:00-12:30PM / Starts January 24, 2018 / $125 http://www.acarts.org
- ARLINGTON CENTER FOR THE ARTS: Life Story Journaling: Using art and writing to rediscover your story: / 4 Wednesdays / Begins February 20, 2018 / 10-12:30pm
- CAMBRIDGE CENTER FOR ADULT EDUCATION: Memories Stories & Reflections / 8 sessions 1:00-3:00pm Starts January 9, 2018 / www.ccae.org
- CAMBRIDGE CENTR FOR ADUT EDUCATION: Writing Your Life Story In An Hour! / 2 Tuesdays beginning February 20, 2018 / 5:30-7:30pm
- LEXINGTON CONTINUING EDUCATION: 100 Things To Do Before You Hit 100! January 8 & 22, 2018 / 12:30-2:30pm http://lexingtoncontinuingeducation.org
- LIFE PLANNING NETWORK: Program Chair for New England meetings / National Webinar Host /contact Kendall for registration for LPN meetings and login information for webinars: 2018
- Financial Planning in Later Life / January 19, 2018 / 10-12:30pm /
- The Meaning of Travel : Purpose and Destinations / March 23, 2018
- The Life Cycle of a House; Adapting to Change: (Webinar:TBA) (Friday Noon:
- FIRST PARISH ARLINGTON: Writing Your Life Story / TBA
- ROBBINS LIBRARY (ARLINGTON, MA): Mining Your Life Story For The Adventures Yet to Experience / Fall 2018 / TBA
GRAFTON STREET WRITING CENTER: email@example.com
- TRUMBO WRITING DAY : First Monday of the Month / February 5, March 5, April 2, May 7, 2018
Days of writing TRUMBO-style! Dalton Trumbo, the blacklisted Hollywood screenwriter, had a relentless writing schedule. As portrayed in the movie, TRUMBO, he wrote 18 hours a day / 7 days a week!! He wrote in the bathtub. He wrote even during his daughter’s 16th birthday party going on downstairs!
In our version, one TRUMBO day is 10AM to 6PM with constant coffee and liquids, bites to eat, quick walks around the block, writing prompts and check-ins at different points in the day, shifting locations for writing…(local library, local coffee bar) anything and everything that gets that writing, editing, revising, computing done! Bring stories / novels in progress / start something new. Bring your computer if you like. Rewriting, revising is easier when others are doing it too!
Lunch is included
TRUMBO day-long writing binges are the first Monday of every month except when they land on a holiday. If due to holidays or other reasons the first Monday of the month is difficult, we generally meet the following Monday. $95 complete day / 0r $18 an hour for people who can’t stay the whole day.